POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is scary stuff : Re: This is scary stuff Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is scary stuff
From: andrel
Date: 28 Dec 2007 15:59:16
Message: <477563AC.3060607@hotmail.com>
Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>>>   You asked for some reference to the 60% figure.
>> no I didn't.
>
>   I got confused.
I answered a question in a reply to you that was intended for me. After
that I answered a question to you that belonged in another subthread. I
see no reason for confusion ;)

>>> Well, let me ask you for some reference of that point of view you are
>>  > expressing.
>> books and newspaper sources in the Netherlands plus some talking to
>> foreigners. Does that answer your question?
>
>   If newspapers in Netherlands have the same policies as in Sweden, hardly.
Ah a proof by reductio ad absurdum, conclusion: Dutch papers are
different from Swedish.

>> In most cases only the better educated have any change of a successful
>> entry in europe.
>
>   I wish that was the case. It certainly doesn't seem so.
So all losers go to Scandinavia and we keep the slightly better lot,
interesting.

>> Most groups first try to integrate when the numbers are low. When they
>> feel they are considered a lower type of people and the numbers increase
>> they turn into themselves.
>
>   IMO that feeling is mostly a self-perpetuating myth. As new immigrants
> arrive, they are told this myth and they believe it, and they start hating
> the hosting culture right from the beginning.
Yip, the more reason to be friendly from the start. In order to get the
vicious cycle never to start.
> Also the children born to
> the immigrants are told this myth and they grow up hating the hosting
> culture. (For example in Sweden this phenomenon has gone so far that there's
> a general attitude among immigrant youth that they must destroy swedes.)
>
>   Sure, there *are* racists, but saying that the general population is
> racist is like saying the general population are murderers and thieves
> because there are *some* people who are murderers or thieves.
>
>   Keeping up this myth is not going to solve immigration problems.
> The irony is that passing more and more laws criminalizing slighter and
> slighter cases of "racism" is only perpetuating the myth ("why would
> they pass these laws if there was no widespread problem of racism?").
>
>   And the sad thing is that these laws are not the same for everyone.
> There's no racist element in a black man committing an act of violence
> towards a white man. However, there always is a racist element in a white
> man committing an act of violence towards a black man.
>
>>>   You are misunderstanding.
>> No, your tone and your subject choice may be interpreted as aggressive
>> towards immigrants. I know that if I were an immigrant I would be
>> annoyed by it. That is irrespective of your intentions.
>
>   Yes, if a message can be interpreted in more than one way, the most
> negative interpretation should always be assumed. That's the right
> attitude which will bring friendship and peace to the world.

In, this and several other post by you, you mention the immigrants as a
problem. There is no counter post that shows interest in or friendship
for them. In view of the discussion I though it useful to point out that
this is exactly why immigrants don't feel welcome. It was not meant as a
personal attack, merely as as meta-observation.