POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I hate DVD as a physical media : Re: I hate DVD as a physical media Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I hate DVD as a physical media
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 28 Dec 2007 13:06:32
Message: <47753b28@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   The DVD is a bad physical form of media. It's too fragile.
>
>   I have the 4-disc edition of Titanic, and my computer has now trouble
> recognizing the second disc. It's just a tiny scratch on the very outer
> edge of the disc, but that's enough to make it difficult for the drive
> to recognize the disc.

(old, yes)

Have you already tried DD-Rescue to get an image of the disc? Where DD
fails, DD-Rescue usually gets forward.

groath 0200 # emerge -s dd-rescue
Searching...
[ Results for search key : dd-rescue ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  sys-fs/dd-rescue
      Latest version available: 1.10
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of files: 16 kB
      Homepage:      http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/ddrescue/
      License:       GPL-2

>   This sucks.