POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is scary stuff : Re: This is scary stuff Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is scary stuff
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 28 Dec 2007 12:13:09
Message: <47752ea5$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> In most cases only the better educated have any change of a successful
>> entry in europe.
>
>   I wish that was the case. It certainly doesn't seem so.

	Can't speak for Europe, but it's generally quite true in the US
(ignoring illegal Mexicans).

>> Most groups first try to integrate when the numbers are low. When they
>> feel they are considered a lower type of people and the numbers increase
>> they turn into themselves.
>
>   IMO that feeling is mostly a self-perpetuating myth. As new immigrants
> arrive, they are told this myth and they believe it, and they start hating
> the hosting culture right from the beginning. Also the children born to
> the immigrants are told this myth and they grow up hating the hosting
> culture. (For example in Sweden this phenomenon has gone so far that there's
> a general attitude among immigrant youth that they must destroy swedes.)

	Can't speak for Europe, but it is totally believable. I've seen this
phenomenon in a number of countries I've lived in/visited. There's
always been a seed of truth behind their paranoia, but generally way
overblown.

--
Liberal Household: Tresspassers will be lectured!

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl