POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm back : Re: I'm back Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm back
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 28 Dec 2007 05:43:33
Message: <4774d355$1@news.povray.org>
Kyle wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:29:04 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>
>> I'm failing to see any meaningful performance difference...
>
> I'm surprised you don't see a difference.  Do you only ever run one simple
application at a time?

Yes. Because it's far too slow to open multiple programs at once.

I was hoping that adding 5x more RAM would make the machine faster and
more responsive. But no, it still takes 20 minutes to boot up, and it's
still horribly slow to start any applications (or even shut them down).

It probably doesn't help that the new AV software seems to take ages to
update itself, and my enemies in the USA have configured it to update
once per hour (??!!?!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/