POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is scary stuff : Re: This is scary stuff Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is scary stuff
From: andrel
Date: 28 Dec 2007 07:46:51
Message: <4774F042.5090009@hotmail.com>
Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> For all groups with 50% or more that amounts to a whopping 1600 persons.
>> Most are, judging from the country of origin, fairly recent immigrants.
>> Are you sure you have an immigration problem?
>
>   Not yet. Not at a large scale anyways.
Not at all, I'd say.
> However, Finland is going down the same path as Sweden.
Not familiar with Sweden but given such numbers I suggest you try to
worry about something else. Unemployment is probably nearly fully
explained by lack of relevant education. I don't suppose Finland
recognizes Iraqi grades. So any PhD from Iraq is effectively totally
uneducated, and can not talk, read or write Finish fluently, so he'll be
in a segment of the market with a high unemployment rate.
> Nobody has made any suggestion whatsoever how we could
> do things differently than them and how we could avoid the same problems.
> (While some people deny the existence of any problems with immigration in
> Sweden and a few other European countries, I believe it's more or less a
> common consensus that some problems do indeed exist.
The main problem is segregation, if you put them all in low quality
suburbs, they start forming communities outside mainstream Finland when
the number reaches some threshold. Then the next generation that was
born and raised in Finland will start to revolt. No solutions available,
you just have to hope that it does not get out of hand before generation
3 or 4.
> It's just that nobody
> seems to care and everyone is just assuming that "we can avoid those problems
> because we know about them", even though nobody has made even a single
> suggestion on how to avoid them.)

The main thing is making them feel at home and welcome. I don't see much
of that in the tone of your posts.