POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Minority Report anyone? : Re: Minority Report anyone? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minority Report anyone?
From: andrel
Date: 25 Dec 2007 16:44:36
Message: <477179CB.8020304@hotmail.com>
Tim Cook wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> Tim Cook wrote:
>>> Except the average fingerprint isn't done by just overlaying the
>>> prints on each other.  It's averaging the *shape*...which is a
>>> different prospect.
>> define shape
>
> Vector, as opposed to bitmap.

Ok, we agree that you can not average them as bitmap. So you need a
model. Which means extracting parameters from the fingerprint in a way
that they can be averaged. With vector I assume that you think that you
can normalize all fingerprints and then at some sampling points compute
the angle of the closest line in the fingerprint or something like that.
Then you can for each point define the average direction of
fingerprints*. Only, what you get is the average model not an average of
the input. Don't confuse a model with reality.**

* my god why am I writing this?
** Ah that is why, to be able to say that somewhere. Pathetic isn't it?