POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Minority Report anyone? : Re: Minority Report anyone? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minority Report anyone?
From: John VanSickle
Date: 24 Dec 2007 17:19:32
Message: <47703074@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:

> Also, this little bit from the the article is somewhat disturbing:
> "For the past two years, the Defense Department has been storing in a
> database images of fingerprints, irises and faces of more than 1.5
> million Iraqi and Afghan detainees, Iraqi citizens and foreigners who
> need access to U.S. military bases."
>
> That's a large number of detainees!

The 1.5 million figure appears to include not only the detainees, but
people who have come into contact with the US government for other
reasons (like asking for a job on one of the bases we have over there).

 > As my brother pointed out, most of
> these people have probably since been released, but you know that a
> large number are still in detainment. Without Due Process.

I would venture to say that the overwhelming majority were never
detained in the first place.  I've been fingerprinted by three different
agencies and I've never been detained or arrested for any reason.

Regards,
John