POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Sponge : Re: Sponge Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sponge
From: Alain
Date: 22 Dec 2007 21:03:04
Message: <476dc1d8$2@news.povray.org>
Archpawn nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/22 16:19:

http://www.nortonprocleaning.com/Media/Documents/S0000000000000001051/Sponge%20Pads%20-%20Cellulose%20Sponge.jpg
> I tried using a granite normal. It doesn't seem to work. What I'm considering
> doing is using an isosurface for the bigger holes, and surface normals (or
> another isosurface, if possible) for the smaller ones. The problem is, I can't
> find a pattern that works. I might be able to make a function to do it, but it
> wont seem to let me use rand() in them. Specifically, I'd use
> rand(seed(floor(x)), or something to that extent.

You could also try to use a pattern with holes in it. It could be s granite
pattern scaled small with a color_map that have some transparency.
pigment{granite scale 0.02 color_map{[0.03 rgbt 1][0.03 rgb 1]}}
If you use surface normals, you need to scale it small relative to your holes
and give it a strong value.
normal granite 3 scale 0.01

--
Alain