POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
12 Oct 2024 01:14:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Chambers
Date: 21 Dec 2007 23:55:29
Message: <476c98c1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I think that's one aspect of the Matrix trilogy that sets it apart from
> your typical Hollywood movie: It doesn't explain everything in simple terms
> for anyone to understand, but leaves much for the viewer to think about and
> to try to deduce using (sometimes obscure) clues. No wonder so many people
> hate it, because they don't "get it" and they are not accustomed to having
> to think so much about a Hollywood blockbuster.

I agree, with one caveat: namely, that using symbols to convey meaning
is pointless if the symbols are unfamiliar to the audience, as the
meaning will be lost.

The Matrix movies are full of symbols, as these essays show.  However,
many of them are obscure, and so their meaning is wasted.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com