POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
12 Oct 2024 01:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Chambers
Date: 21 Dec 2007 22:59:29
Message: <476c8ba1$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> 476b7880$1@news.povray.org...
>
>> One of my hobbies is explaining to people how it is actually impossible
>> for a digital system to rival the quality of an analog.
>
> But isn't that theoretical and only true for high-end analog hardware?

Of course it's a theoretical superiority, and its easy enough to choose
a quality level that will exceed human ability to detect error.
However, it seems that noone actually uses such high quality settings.

I'm OK with DVD and its replacements, in terms of quality.  My
particular beef is with CDs.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com