POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 23:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Chambers
Date: 21 Dec 2007 03:42:00
Message: <476b7c58$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> But once you get past those, I guess the rest of it does make a kind of
> sense. Although I dislike cliched plot devices like restricted
> exit/entry points and dying IRL if you get capped in the Matrix. And I
> still think the agents would be more deadly.  They can dodge bullets
> most of the time, but fists, only sometimes. This means most of the
> time, their reflexes are the same as humans, but only sometimes speed up
> to what they would actually be. Why? What's the point? Grrr. :-)

You think that just because they're machines, their logic is perfect?
Grr, those machines were originally programmed by people... maybe even
by Microsoft.  Why can't they have bugs?

Even if they have been programmed by machines for several generations
now (machines making machines that make machines, etc), they'll still
probably have bugs in them.  Their reflexes matching the incoming threat
is probably one of those (or a misapplication of an optimization or
something).

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com