POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sketchup versus povray : Re: Sketchup versus povray Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sketchup versus povray
From: andrel
Date: 23 Dec 2007 14:19:49
Message: <476EB4DB.1030509@hotmail.com>
Rune wrote:
>> For some of those SIGGRAPH presentations, it seemed like the software
>> companies were sponsors.
Talking about sponsoring, I don't see much enthusiasm yet to sponsor
your trip. :( Come on guys, Rune is going to make it big in the games

pay back in 5 years time, guaranteed without interest. That's an
opportunity you can not afford to miss.

> POV-Ray is free and that's great; no doubt about that. That still doesn't
> mean it's an efficient tool for character modeling and animation. :) If it
> was, companies would be all over it, with all the money they could save on
> licenses for expensive 3D software.

No, free also means that you can not phone someone and demand that a bug
is fixed now or preferably yesterday. That is why I always give my
programs for free, I don't want to have to do support.