POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Expect the unexpected : Re: Expect the unexpected Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Expect the unexpected
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 19 Dec 2007 12:41:30
Message: <476957ca$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> Congrats.

Thanks.

As you can imagine, it's pretty rare for me to sell a product. (There
are *billions* of fractal galleries, many much nicer than mine.)

> Note that the first name and shipping destination of the buyer
> (like "Matt to Houston, Texas") can be seen in your royalty history page, so
> you can at least see if the same psychopath strikes again in the future.

Ooo... Some guy called Seamus who lives in Arizona. Damn, I get $3 for
that! :-D

Mmm, interesting. Inspecting the list, I can give you the following
useless statistics:

- This is the first sale of any product that wasn't a print.

- Only one person has ever purchased more than one product from me.
(LOL! Oh, wait... does that mean? No, it was in a single order...)

- The majority of customers had male-sounding names. (7 male, 3 female,
1 ambiguous.)

- All products were shipped to USA addresses. (Except one that went to
Canada.)

- Highest ever royalty was $3.32 (so this purchase is actually quite
close to that). Lowest was $0.95 (tied). Most were exactly $1.33.

Looking at my referrals page, I find that 100% of the cash earned was
*me* referring *myself* to various products. LOL! But yes, I made $0 in
terms of referrals for *other customers*. Oh well... [inserts Zazzle
address into sig]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/