POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : V3.6 and versions past : Re: V3.6 and versions past Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: V3.6 and versions past
From: Alain
Date: 19 Dec 2007 10:47:44
Message: <47693d20$1@news.povray.org>
tgl nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/19 05:13:
>  Hello friends
>  I've been an infrequent user of Povray for quite a few years and although I'm
> no master I'm amazed at what I can do with this program. I have recently been
> sorting through old files composed and rendered in Pov versions 3.1 to 3.5 and
> re-rendering them in 3.6 with camera angle changes. The results are strange in
> that there appears to be a division line in the middle of the object or
> background or both. It seems to have something to do with colour maps or
> graduated textures but what it is exactly...
>  Any ideas, anyone?
>  Thanx tgl

Is your image using a gradient pattern? In older versions, it used the absolute
value of the distance from the origin, it's no longer the case. Depending on
your case, you may be able to get a good result using the marble pattern.

--
Alain
OK, so what's the speed of dark?