POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 19 Dec 2007 07:40:32
Message: <47691140$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Apparently I don't watch as much TV, or my TV set is just so crappy I
> can't tell the difference... None of the things everybody else is
> describing are familiar to me.

Do you use digital cable (satellite) tv, or digital over the air
broadcasts? I'm seeing it on the CATV a lot here, especially for the
secondary and tertiary premium channels (primary, and primary HD look
acceptable)

FWIW, compression artifacts on digital OTA usually aren't that bad, save
for the 2 idiot stations that have 3 streams in addition to their main
broadcast. (Do we really need a Forecast channel, a Radar channel, and
an airport camera?)

Yeah, I have an HDTV which magnifies compression artifacts as well as
the problems with analog TV.