POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 18 Dec 2007 12:05:11
Message: <4767fdc7$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I recently was at a home where they were watching TV and I got to watch
> it from really close. I was shocked at the bad quality of the image! It was
> full of mpeg compression artifacts. It was almost like watching a youtube
> video in full-screen.

This is a big problem with our cable system. They cram so much
interactive on-demand garbage down the pipe that normal channels tend to
suffer, due to decreased bandwidth. I've had several instances where
certain movies are unwatchable because the scenes are dark, and have a
lot of movement, which causes the image to break up into random chunks
of barely discernible murk.