POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 18 Dec 2007 12:00:36
Message: <4767fcb4@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Maybe I'm dense, but I'm not sure I understand what a wind storm has to
> do with whether the TV is broadcast in analog or digital. Was it shaking
> the tower too much or something? Or did it knock down the digital
> antenna? Was the problem at the arena or the broadcaster?

If it's a wind storm, and it's affecting the picture, it's likely they
have "Big" satellite dishes, (possibly the little directTV ones, too...
dunno) being buffeted by the wind, causing the signal quality to vary.
Long ago, my family had a big dish, and moderate wind was enough to
cause the analog signal to degrade momentarily. Do this with digital
and, well.. you know what happens.