POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ODBC : Re: ODBC Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ODBC
From: Alain
Date: 18 Dec 2007 11:41:10
Message: <4767f826$1@news.povray.org>
Mike the Elder nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/18 09:08:
> Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> The simplest programm that can have any configuration *CAN* be misconfigured! No
>> mather what trap you implement, what failsafe you place, what sanity check you
>> build, there is some genial idiot that will find a way to screw things...
>
> The most valuable programming course I have ever taken was taught by one Dr.
> Breckenridge, who was justifiably notorious for the difficulty of his exams.
> He did, however, give us one small break. A full five percentage points was
> added to the score of any test paper with the following written verbatim at the
> top:
>
> "The statement: 'No one could possibly be that stupid,' is universally false."
>
> Best Regards,
> Mike C.

In a programing course, the teacher asked for a program where all input was
filtered to reject invalid entry. One student came up with his solution saying
that his filtering was foolproof. The teacher, without ever looking, slamed his
fingers across the keyboard and hit the return key. Instant crash! The program
was expecting a numerical value faling within a given range. It filtered a
numerical entry against that range. It was unable to cope with alphanumeric entry.

--
Alain
   A hooker once told me she had a headache.