19 Oct 2024 21:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 18 Dec 2007 01:06:47
Message: <47676377@news.povray.org>
news:476422c9$1@news.povray.org...
> So I take that to mean your answer is "Yes, God told Moses to commit
> genocide, and it was good."
>
>> God never told anyone to rape - your imagination is running away with
>> you.
>
> Numbers 31:18 - Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept
> with a man.  Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep
> them for yourselves.
>
> Duteronomy 20:10 or so - When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill
> every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women,
> children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils of your
> enemies that the LORD your God has given you.
>
> Exodus 21:7 - When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be
> freed at the end of six years as the men are.
>
> Zecharaih 14 -  Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be
> divided in your midst.  And I will gather all the nations against
> Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women
> ravished;

I do not see the term rape here. Ravished could be interpreted as rape but
that was Zechariah prophesying what would happen to Jerusalem: Jerusalems
women would be ravished, not "Jerusalems men would ravish 'women from other
cities"

>>> If I was omnipotent and all-loving, sure.
I agree.

>>Why not?  Why wouldn't you,

God doesn't want to force anyone. They have to make the choice for
themselves.

?

--
-Nekar Xenos-