POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 17 Dec 2007 17:44:31
Message: <4766fbcf$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Maybe I'm dense, but I'm not sure I understand what a wind storm has to
> do with whether the TV is broadcast in analog or digital. Was it shaking
> the tower too much or something? Or did it knock down the digital
> antenna? Was the problem at the arena or the broadcaster?

I assume the problem was at the antenna since multiple channels were
effected, though I don't know where they were broadcast from so I can't
be sure..  I'm also assuming that the storm actually had something to to
with it, though it would be a surprisingly coincidence if it didn't.
The wind was very strong (and also full of flying sand!), so I wouldn't
be too surprised if it was able to jiggle or knock over an antenna.