POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ODBC : Re: ODBC Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ODBC
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 17 Dec 2007 16:56:08
Message: <4766f078$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Or, in my examples, you only have one writer

I missed the part that there was exactly 1 writer. I thought you were
just saying that you only ever write to one end of the table. [This
condition alone obviously doesn't preclude Bad Things.]

> A bit kludgey, I'll admit, but better than holding a transactional lock
> on the table for 30 seconds at a time.

Which is why I prefer Oracle's lock-free approach. But let's not start a
flamewar about that too...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/