POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:47:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 17 Dec 2007 11:52:23
Message: <4766a947$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>> John VanSickle wrote:
>>
>>> I seem to recall reading that operating frequency of the human brain
>>> is on the order of 40Hz.
>>>
>>> I wonder how long it would take a human brain to render POV-Ray...
>>
>> I heard 200 MHz, but even so... I would think the human brain could
>> run POV-Ray quite fast. Sure, low clock speed, but it's *insanely*
>> parallel. :-D
>>

> Are you sure about the brain being so parallel?
>
> The problem is the low RAM (short term memory). If you try to think
> about a dozen things at a time, there's lots of swapping and greatly
> reduced performance.

Is that a problem with the brain, or just the way it's wired up?

If you just see the brain as a collection of several trillian
transistor-like switches with an astonishingly dense connection set
with, further more, is rewirable, it certainly looks pretty parallel in
theory.

Of course, unless somebody figures out how to grow braincells and wire
them up so as to create a programmable device, this is all kind of
academic. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/