POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ODBC : Re: ODBC Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ODBC
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 17 Dec 2007 11:40:33
Message: <4766a681$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> So why are you asking newbie questions about ODBC

Because I'm not familiar with that particular technology, and I thought
somebody else here might be. (And I was right...)

> and keep having these
> far-out opinions about things you are visibly ignorant about?

I see. So thinking that transactions matter is "far-out" and "visibly
ingorant"?

> Why can't you
> find the information by yourself? How much difficult it is to actually look
> up the MySQL (or Word, or whatever software or thing baffles you) manual to
> verify your claims?

Um... I did? [At least, I read the MySQL manual, and spent some time
using it.]

> How difficult it is to actually listen to what
> professionals like Darren and Tom and Gail are telling you?

When somebody says "oh yeah, transactions aren't really all that
important" when I spent 4 months learning about how important
transactions are, I have to think "hmm, who is right here?"

> I told you
> before: be ignorant is all right, being and acting clueless much less so. If
> you want to be taken seriously (and expect more than snarky replies in the
> future), don't act like a 15-year old script kiddie.

Some days I wonder why I talk at all...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/