POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Utilizing graphics card or fpga : Re: Utilizing graphics card or fpga Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Utilizing graphics card or fpga
From: William Tracy
Date: 16 Dec 2007 13:44:29
Message: <4765720d$1@news.povray.org>
jhu wrote:
> (although NVidia has written their Gelato renderer
> to use their GeForce cards),

Gelato can be controlled directly via Python. I've always wanted to try
writing a Gelato front-end that understands at least a reasonable subset
of Povray SDL.

I don't know enough about Gelato's internals to be able to say what
level of CSG support it might have. The website only seems to talk about
meshes, so probably not much.

Alas, Dell foisted an Intel graphics card on me with me newest computer,
and the GeForce 4 in my old machine isn't supported by Gelato. :-(

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

You know you've been raytracing too long when you invented glasses that
can be configured to use variable resolution (eg. 320x240, 640x480,
etc.), with POV-Ray style switches for other effects (eg. anti-aliasing,
radiosity, etc.)
    -- Vimal N. Lad / Gautam N. Lad