POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I hate DVD as a physical media : Re: I hate DVD as a physical media Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I hate DVD as a physical media
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 15 Dec 2007 19:56:19
Message: <476477b3$1@news.povray.org>

> You could try resurfacing it, if you can find some place that does that.
> Mind you, you don't want to do that a lot, since every time you repolish
> the disk you take a bit of the plastic off, but, in principle, it will
> fix "most" scratches, as long as the damage is only on the plastic side,
> not the data layer.

I have a CD with an MS-DOS game. It's full of scratches. And when I say
"full", I don't mean just "a lot"; I really mean it as in "there isn't
any space left for any more scratches".

Last time I tried, all disc access took several minutes, until a certain
point during installation where the drive decides it's completely
hopeless and gives a read error.

I wonder *where* I can get it "resurfaced"...