POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Dec 2007 18:34:40
Message: <47646490$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Oh, I thought the "perpetual motion" bit was referring to tapping the
>> electricity of humans being fed other humans. :-) I mean, the energy has
>> to come from *somewhere*.
>
>   Well, the people would need to be fed somehow, so it comes from food?

I believe at one point they stated they were fed from the bodies of the
dead. If you "scorch the sky" so that solar-powered robots can't
continue to function, I'm not sure you can grow enough photosynthetic
food to feed the people from which you extract electricity.

Of course, that's beside the point of the movie. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it