POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ODBC : Re: ODBC Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ODBC
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 15 Dec 2007 17:29:41
Message: <47645555$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> 47642e2a$1@news.povray.org...
>> It just worries me that the designers of this system fundamentally think
>> that transaction integrity is so unimportant that it's not even the
>> default, that's all.
>
> It's not the default because it's not needed in many database applications.

Right. Apparently you have a different idea of "application" to what I
have...

> Frankly, it looks like you just discovered the word "database" yesterday,
> fell in love with a couple of buzzwords even though you still have strictly
> no idea about what a database it and how it works (this thread started about
> *** CSV files *** being used for testing your database). Sorry mate, but you
> can't spout utter nonsense about MySQL and Access being "toys" and be taken
> seriously after that. Get some experience first.

Right. And the 3 modules in database design I took during my degree
looking at different transaction isolation levevls and so forth was
probably balony too - along with the 3 A* grades I got for those modules.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/