POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ODBC : Re: ODBC Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ODBC
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 15 Dec 2007 16:27:08
Message: <476446ac@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> Tom Galvin wrote:
>
>>> I'm going to build [yet another] helpdesk application.
>>>

>> Then mysql is more than adequate to the task.
>
> I disagree.

Hmmm who should I listen to? Gail the professional DBA, who is flown all
over the world for database technology conferences, with many years of
experience, or Andrew?  Sorry mate.

> I'll take a look. It's probably too complicated though.

Glad you are so openminded.

Here's another one that runs on Active Server Pages with an MS Access
Database or MS SQL backend.

http://www.liberum.org/

It's been running at major companies for years with great reliability
and users love it.  Some people even modified it to use mysql.