POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Warp
Date: 15 Dec 2007 15:13:12
Message: <47643557@news.povray.org>
> Oh, I thought the "perpetual motion" bit was referring to tapping the
> electricity of humans being fed other humans. :-) I mean, the energy has
> to come from *somewhere*.

  Well, the people would need to be fed somehow, so it comes from food?

  Of course a different question is that the entire humans-used-for-energy
is completely implausible because humans are poor batteries, and there
certainly are much efficient ways to convert natural resources to energy.
That's the reason why many fans decide to ignore that explanation and retcon
it so that the people are actually used for computing power, not as energy
sources. (Of course this also is an implausible explanation because it's,
once again, not a very energy-efficient way of getting computing power...)

--
                                                          - Warp