POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ODBC : Re: ODBC Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ODBC
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 15 Dec 2007 07:28:54
Message: <4763c886@news.povray.org>
news:4763c335$1@news.povray.org...

> I'm sure MySQL is great if you just want to catelogue your CD
> collection. But if you're going to have multiple people access it at
> once, you need transactions or you'll end up with a data integrity
> nightmare.

OK, now I'm sure you're having us all on.
Where on earth did you get the idea that mySQL can't handle multiple
concurrent users?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/transactional-commands.html

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/innodb-transaction-model.html

And note that's version 5.0. Latest is 6.0

> (In this instance, it also needs to be possible to back up the database
> without shuting it down. And to recover if there's a crash. And all
> those other kinds of things.)

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/backup.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/backup-strategy-example.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/point-in-time-recovery.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/table-maintenance.html

Tell, me. Did you do any research on mySQL before making these claims?