POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ODBC : Re: ODBC Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ODBC
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 15 Dec 2007 07:19:05
Message: <4763c639@news.povray.org>
news:4763b965$1@news.povray.org...
> Darren New wrote:
> > Invisible wrote:
> >> For the thing I'm trying to do, transactional (and recoverable, etc)
> >> is very important.
> >
> > I think your info about mysql is out of date.
>
> Well, last I checked, MySQL is a "toy database" on a par with Access.

MySQL is a database service, unlike access. It supports multiple users
without the data files becoming corrupt every second day.

Access data files don't require anything applications installed to use them,
so they're very handy for data storage in single-user desktop applications

> (Do they even support nested SELECT statements yet?)

As of MySQL 4.1. Two versions before present