POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Your favorite Age of Myst? : Re: Your favorite Age of Myst? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Your favorite Age of Myst?
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Dec 2007 22:08:42
Message: <4763453a$1@news.povray.org>
Kyle wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:24:49 -0800, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
>
>> Actually, there's one puzzle in Exile with five settings that correspond
>> to five buttons. No real reliable way of figuring out which goes with
>> which.
>
> Are you referring to the puzzle with rings of reverberating sound waves that block
the sphere?  If
> so, there is a logical solution.  I'll tell you if you want to know.

I know the logic. Guessing which way the tracks go at an intersection
wasn't easy, is all.

> There have been a few times that I've passed walkways because they were hidden in
the surroundings,
> only to find them later during frustrated run-arounds.

Yep. This time, I got to the end of the step stones, and thought "geez,
a dozen clicks, and you come to a dead end?  Wait a minute..."

I *did* manage, in the nature age of Exile, to go across the bridge,
make the bridge impossible to cross back, not emplace the other bridge,
and get back to the pre-bridge side somehow. I had to restart the age to
get around that one. I think it was a design bug.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it