POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Dec 2007 22:04:53
Message: <47634455@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   In Chicken Little it bothered me that soft shadow borders were evenly
> soft, without taking into account the distance between the shadowing object
> and the surface onto which the shadow was being cast.

That sucks. I don't really want to buy an HDTV because I can still see
all the digital compression artifacts after working on image compression
code for a few years. Must be awful to be so attuned to CGI stuff that
it can distract you from the content of a movie to notice stuff like the
edges of shadows not being right. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it