POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: Warp
Date: 14 Dec 2007 20:00:26
Message: <47632729@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> My own goof spotting in movies is limited to CGI films, and that's when
> I can see what are supposed to be solid objects intersecting (there's a
> scene in the Iron Giant where this happens), or when the use of normal
> perturbation to simulate a pavement crack is painfully obvious (in, to
> my surprise, a scene in Pixar's _Cars_).

  In Chicken Little it bothered me that soft shadow borders were evenly
soft, without taking into account the distance between the shadowing object
and the surface onto which the shadow was being cast. That is, for example,
when a character was standing on the ground, its shadow border was equally
smooth right where its feet touched the ground as at the part of the shadow
farthest away.

--
                                                          - Warp