POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? : Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How far can you go spotting goofs in movies?
From: John VanSickle
Date: 14 Dec 2007 18:16:43
Message: <47630edb@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   This must be an extreme case:
>
> http://www.ms-studio.com/typecasting.html
>
>   Example (when talking bout L.A. Confidential):
>
> "A newspaper dated 1953 has headlines set in Helvetica Black (1959) and
> Univers (1957) - typefaces which weren't commonly available in the U.S.
> until the sixties."

My own goof spotting in movies is limited to CGI films, and that's when
I can see what are supposed to be solid objects intersecting (there's a
scene in the Iron Giant where this happens), or when the use of normal
perturbation to simulate a pavement crack is painfully obvious (in, to
my surprise, a scene in Pixar's _Cars_).

Regards,
John