19 Oct 2024 15:10:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 14 Dec 2007 11:17:51
Message: <4762acaf$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
> And lo on Fri, 14 Dec 2007 03:10:40 -0000, Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at
> vtSPAM.edu"> did spake, saying:
>
>> Phil Cook wrote:
>>> Um I'm a sado-masochist (no I'm not really) who gets off on pain
>>> therefore I should go around hurting people because that's what I'd want
>>> them to do to me?
>>>
>> Curses, you beat me to that!
>
> Hey I'm the one who likes being beaten :-P

Already playing by the golden rule, off to a good start then.

>> Although, if you were a sado-masochist you
>> might get other people to hurt you, too. At least then it would be equal.
>
> Except 'I' would enjoy it whereas they possibly wouldn't. Let's say God
> set a test of faith to climb a mountain, would it really be a test for
> those who enjoy mountain-climbing? After all they might well have done
> it regardless.

What does 'enjoy' have to do with it? The pre-supposed situation was
beating up people who might not enjoy it. =)

I was referring to the sado- prefix, which suggests you like causing
pain as well. Since you would want to beat up other people you should,
by the golden rule, let them beat you up as well.