POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Your favorite Age of Myst? : Re: Your favorite Age of Myst? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Your favorite Age of Myst?
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Dec 2007 21:24:48
Message: <4761e970$1@news.povray.org>
Kyle wrote:
> Indeed.  I like the puzzle aspect of the game, but when it takes 20 "moves" to go to
point B...
> It'd be nice to just speed run over there.

Actually, there's one puzzle in Exile with five settings that correspond
to five buttons. No real reliable way of figuring out which goes with
which. The first time I played it, going between the "try this one" and
the "set the switches" involved literally going all the way around the
island each time. Maybe 100 or more clicks. I figured they'd done it to
keep you from just trying a bunch of combinations, but it was annoying
as anything.

When I replayed it, I realized you could basically climb the rock
sticking up out of the water and hoist yourself up onto the railroad
tracks, and it turned into maybe 8 or 10 clicks to get between. Sheesh.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it