POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : VBA (Very Bad Answer?) : Re: VBA (Very Bad Answer?) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VBA (Very Bad Answer?)
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 13 Dec 2007 15:47:03
Message: <47619a47@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> "Orchid XP v7" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>> As I understand it, anybody who can guess what your admin password is
>> can have unlimited access to your PC via RPC. Nice...>
>
> Anyone who's guessed your admin password owns your machine regardless.
>
> del \\machine\c$\*.* /S

Which, as I understand it, only works because RPC is enabled.

If you can't remotely talk to the machine, you can't do anything to it.

> And that's not even considering them walking up to the machine (if its not a
> server) and loging in. Or if it is a server, usign remote desktop/terminal
> services
>
> Strong admin password, perhaps?

I was thinking more of the millions of people who have PCs in their
homes, probably with a blank or default admin password, who have no idea
that random people on the Internet can use that password to remotely do
stuff to it.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/