POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ODBC : Re: ODBC Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ODBC
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 13 Dec 2007 13:34:52
Message: <47617b4c@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> I know there's a free version of Oracle, wasn't aware it was all the
> features of the top version..

Yeah. I was surprised too. But, apparently, when you "buy" Oracle they
send you a "media kit" that contains all the products, but only license
you to install the one you paid for. Hmm, I wonder how they can tell?

> SQL Express is a restricted feature set, but it can be used anywhere,
> including on production systems, free.

I plan to use PostgreSQL for the final thing, or maybe Oracle, but right
now I just wanna test. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/