POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ice storms : Re: Ice storms Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ice storms
From: Alain
Date: 13 Dec 2007 11:58:20
Message: <476164ac@news.povray.org>
Leroy nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/12 23:48:
> If you haven't heard. Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and even a little of
> Arkansas got hit with a big ice storm. I just got my power back on after
> two days. I live in Missouri in the middle of the woods. You should have
> seen and heard all those trees limbs breaking. It was amazing!
>  While surveying the fallen limbs around my house I thought that I heard
> someone coming down my drive way.(It's a quarter of a mile long) But no!
> It was trees.
>  Luckly we had only a few limbs hit the house. The chicken coop
> servived. None of the cars got damage. And we already had a electric
> genertor, just had to plug it in.

Make me think of the ice storm we had several years back. Montreal, and much of
Quebec, was blacked out for a week, we almost ran out of water, the army was
called in to shot off the ice clinging to the buildings, and most of downtown
was offlimit to everyone. Sheets of ice up to 5"+ thick, and over 10' whide
faling from 10 to 40 stories over you, it's a very scary tought.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you have ever brought your