POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ice storms : Re: Ice storms Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ice storms
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Dec 2007 08:19:28
Message: <47613160@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>

>> Where there any fatalities?
>
> ??
> From a hail storm?

If it can dent plate steel, surely it can do something bad to the flimsy
layer of bone between your hat and your brain.

> Unless some people were stupid enough to be running
> around in the hail, I doubt it.

Ooo, a country that doesn't have stupid people...

> Largest stones I saw were about the size of a ping-pong ball.

I'd hate to think what the terminal velocity of those must be! (What do
you recon? 81 characters per second?)

> Actually, I think one guy did get killed by the storm. A tree fell on his
> car.

Ouch!

> Insurance loves me. Second time in three years. The stupid question the
> claims person asked me.
> "Why wasn't the car under cover at the time of the storm?"
> "Um, because I was driving up the M1 highway."

Presumably they just quaduple your premium and rake in the cash?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/