POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Egg Art : Re: Egg Art Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Egg Art
From: M a r c
Date: 13 Dec 2007 03:57:54
Message: <4760f412@news.povray.org>

news: 47606aa8$1@news.povray.org...
> The self-sufficiency idea is probably what appeals to me the most.
> Perhaps that's my answer, but I'm uncomfortable admitting it.  There's
> something interesting about the idea of going off into nowhere and living
> on only what you have.  I'm not saying that I could do that (at least not
> at this point in my life), but it's intriguing.  Regardless, it's probably
> never going to happen, so perhaps my thoughts are actually irrational.
> LOL.
>
> --
Irrational maybe no more than many of our so-said rational thoughts.
Since the emergence of conscience (some hundreds of thousands years) and
until one or two centuries only, the population was mainly gathered in small
autarkic tribes or villages.
Don't you think we keep traces of that in our brain? We still have the same
as our hunter/gatherer ancestors.
I'm sure man is not made to live in huge cities (now have we the choice?).

Marc