POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ice storms : Re: Ice storms Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ice storms
From: Sherry Shaw
Date: 13 Dec 2007 00:39:07
Message: <4760c57b@news.povray.org>
Leroy wrote:
> I live in Missouri in the middle of the woods.

Whoa, so do I.  I'm east of Buffalo a ways--whereabouts are you?

Didn't get much ice where I live this time, though I did have a dog
emergency one night.

About 4 am, heard the elderly chow/German shepherd/possible grizzly bear
barking outside.  My house is on a steep hillside...deck across the
front...steps down to a landing, patio *this* way, more steps *that*
way...Anyway, the old dog was on the landing at the bottom of the steps,
sprawled on his belly on the (wet, not-quite-melting) ice, one hind leg
forward and one back, and absolutely couldn't move.  The more he
struggled to get up, the more he slid toward a bad fall down the next
steps down.

Couldn't stand up on the nasty stuff, had to crawl/scoot/slide to get to
him and drag him away from the steps.  Then crawled back up, grabbed a
blanket and a big towel--spread the blanket down the steps, got the
towel under the dog's belly to lift him, got him started up the steps on
the blanket...Did I mention that this dog weighs about 70 pounds and is
quite grumpy?

Anyway, finally got him rescued and he doesn't seem to have suffered any
ill effects.  But we're both REALLY REALLY REALLY tired of ice storms...

--Sherry "Mutt Whisperer" Shaw

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+