POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now here's a good waste of time : Re: Now here's a good waste of time Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now here's a good waste of time
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Dec 2007 16:30:07
Message: <476052df$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> Poll: What do you like more?
> a) hard science fiction
> b) fantastical sci-fi
> c) space operas

I prefer hard science fiction. However, given that, I don't consider it
to be science fiction unless it's actually about the technology and how
people react to it. If you could take the story about war between worlds
with blasters, and set it down as war between countries with revolvers,
it isn't science fiction. On the other hand, if it's about how
technology affects people, even old technology then I'd call it science
fiction. Stories of how medieval peasants deal with the first knights in
armor would be SF in my book.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it