POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Egg Art : Re: Egg Art Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Egg Art
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 12 Dec 2007 08:21:21
Message: <475fe051$1@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Cool. Keeping chickens is something I intend to do, when I have a garden
> of my own. They eat kitchen scraps and turn them into free eggs! It's a
> no-brainer.
>
> The difficult part (at least in the UK) is fox-proofing...

They're in a coop right now, and unfortunately, that's where they'll spend
the next 3 months.  Anyway, it's very fox proof.  Mice could still get in,
and possibly rats too, but rats are only a problem with chicks.  They spent
the fall and summer in a movable pen.  I learned a few tricks to keep
predators out of that, after losing one chicken and having another one
scarred for life (which was only 4 more weeks until he got the axe).

The more I read about raising your own chickens/eggs is that just about
anything you produce yourself is going to be healthier than what you would
get at a store.  That's not an answer to my "Why?" question, but it's nice
to know.