POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : additive transparency for image_maps? : Re: additive transparency for image_maps? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: additive transparency for image_maps?
From: stbenge
Date: 11 Dec 2007 20:30:54
Message: <475f39ce$1@news.povray.org>
Trevor G Quayle wrote:
> Perhaps if you posted what you have it could be of help.

You can download the current luminous bloom file from this thread:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C4606bd36%40news.povray.org%3E/

> By dark auras, do you mean banding where it abruptly gets darker?  Perhaps try
> to make sure the function values remain between 0 and 1, just scale the pigment
> values.

It's not that easy. Imagine you are making the bloom effect in PhotoShop
or Gimp, but instead of making the second (bloom) layer use additive
layering, you are simply decreasing it's opacity and nothing else. The
light areas of the image which are next to dark ones acquire a dark halo
which bleeds out from the shadowed area. Does this make sense? Perhaps I
should post an example image.

When I figure out how to do what I want, I will be able to release
version five :)

Sam