POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Your favorite Age of Myst? : Re: Your favorite Age of Myst? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Your favorite Age of Myst?
From: Slime
Date: 10 Dec 2007 04:25:13
Message: <475d05f9$1@news.povray.org>
>   I have two games of the series, and both are too difficult for my taste.

Which ones? The only absolute must play IMO is the first. I also played it
with my family so we had three people working on the puzzles, which probably
helped a lot.

I stopped halfway(?) through the fourth because the acting made me sad. Plus
the story was getting pretty silly. Myst worked because it was simple. Riven
had good characters. The guy in Exile was bearable (mostly because you
didn't see him too much), but Sirrus and Achenar in Revelation were just
ridiculous, which was extra painful because of how cool they were in the
first game. I think they missed the point that it's more fun to learn about
the characters by exploring the environments they've created.

I tried Uru but got stuck and had no motivation to continue; merging
everything with the "real world" was really, really lame. It looked cool
though.

Can't really pick a favorite age.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]