POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Your favorite Age of Myst? : Re: Your favorite Age of Myst? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Your favorite Age of Myst?
From: Warp
Date: 10 Dec 2007 03:56:08
Message: <475cff28@news.povray.org>
> Have you played the games from the Myst series?

  I have two games of the series, and both are too difficult for my taste.

  Don't get me wrong. I hate nothing more than games which are too easy and
which can be played through in some hours. However, there's a limit in
difficulty after which the game becomes exasperating. When you get up to
a certain point and then play the game for three hours without getting
anywhere, it starts becoming boring. There are clues alright, but they
just make no sense and don't really help you figuring out what to do.
They are too random and they don't really help you deduce anything.
Some of the worst puzzles are those where you have to find a certain
combination and you have no idea if you are supposed to figure out the
combination by using clues or if you are simply supposed to try every
single one of the 2000 possible combinations. When nothing in the game
seems to give any hint about the combinations, it becomes exasperating.

--
                                                          - Warp