17 Oct 2024 19:40:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Dec 2007 22:55:33
Message: <475cb8b5$1@news.povray.org>
Grassblade wrote:
>> Darren New wrote:
>>> I have never met an theist who could give a single example of anything
>>> that would convince him *his* religion is wrong.
>> And here's an example of that, too:
>>
>> Say you go to hawaii, and you find this group of people who, by praying
>> to Pele (the volcano goddess), can *actually* regenerate amputated
>> limbs. No scientific explanation is forthcoming, but anyone who has lost
>> a limb can go there, get three people to pray in a circle, and his limb
>> will grow back all by itself within a month.
>>
>> Show this to a faithful Christian. What is he going to say?  "Gee, maybe
>> Pele really exists, and answers prayers better than JHVH does?" Or is it
>> going to be interpreted as a conspiracy by Satan to lure faithful
>> Christians away from their One True Religion?

> The latter obviously. As I'm sure you know.

Right. That's my point. Even if there's someone worshiping some *other*
God who is doing miracles for them, you wouldn't believe it. Right in
front of your eyes, a different God is performing miracles!

Hence, I'm actually *more* willing to change my faith by merely asking
for miracles than you are.

So don't give me crap about how egotistical I am for asking for miracles
in order to judge God, when you won't even accept miracles as proof.

So far, no Christian I've ever spoken to has admitted that if some
*other* god personally revealed herself as the one and true God, that
they'd accept that. I'm willing to do that. Now who is more close-minded?

You're no better than Pharoh, who at least had the excuse that JHVH
didn't want him changing his mind.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it