17 Oct 2024 17:35:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Dec 2007 22:17:18
Message: <475cafbe$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> But something that keeps time accurately that you can wear on your
> wrist?  Surely there aren't forests where those sorts of things grow on
> trees. :-)

Only because it's easier to design than grow. "Something you eat, and it
cures an infection? And it just showed up on bread? A miracle!"

> Yeah, it probably isn't exactly it, I think it's probably not something
> those of deep religious faith put a lot of thought into.

Yeah, exactly.

> I know some who
> do, of course, but I think a larger percentage believe that all that can
> be known is known, in spite of evidence to the contrary.

And those who *do* know the depths of science realize it's not
incompatible with faith in the supernatural.

> I don't think there's any serious disagreement in the US that
> math and science scores are down in schools.

I've seen such.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it